The Peñaranda Water District is a local water district created by virtue of Resolution No. 033 dated August 1987 of the Municipal Council of Peñaranda, Nueva Ecija. On September 1987, the Certificate of Conditional Conformance No. 306 was issued by LocaL Water Utilities Administration to formalize the establishment of Peñaranda Water District.
The operation of the local water district started on September 18, 1995 pursuant to the provisions of Presidential Decree No. 198 as amended by PD Nos. 768 and 1479, otherwise known as the “Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973”. Its primary objective is to acquire, install, improve, provide, maintain and operate the water supply and distribution system for domestic, commercial, and industrial consumption of residents within the boundaries of the District. As of December 31, 2020 the district is servicing 9 out of 10 barangays with total active service connection of 5,569.